Resources and Links
This list is for math and science teachers in New Mexico, or anyone else interested. It is located on the APS server.
- To distribute messages to the list, send them to email@example.com.
- You may add your name/email address to this list at http://lists.aps.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/science
If you ever want to unsubscribe or change your options (e.g., switch to or from digest mode, change your password, etc.), you can make such adjustments via email by sending a message to: Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org with the word `help' in the subject or body (don't include the quotes), and you will get back a message with instructions. You must know your password to change your options (including changing the password, itself) or to unsubscribe.
The National Science Teachers Association has many useful resources for teachers.
The NSTA Express is a weekly email newsletter with information about science education, including legislative updates, member news, and resources. Browse their archives >>
Science Class is a monthly email newsletter that delivers theme-based content to teachers every month in elementary, middle level, and high school editions. Browse their archives >>
- Engineer Your Life
- A guide to engineering for high school girls.
- AFRL La Luz Academy Home Page
- STEM outreach programs put on by the Air Force Research Labratory La Luz Academy.
- Southwest Junior Science and Humanities Symposium
- A link to the Southwest Junior Science and Humanities Symposium's webpage.
- NASA eClips
- A database of educational videos.
- NASA Educational Materials
- A searchable database of educational materials.
- National Environmental Education Foundation
- Environmental education program. Check out the link to Classroom Earth.
- New Mexico Forestry Camp
- An outdoor workshop and camp for students.
- Facing The Future
- Curriculum on global issues.
- Maxwell Museum of Anthropology
- Link to UNM’s Maxwell Museum. Provides information on exhibits.
- Environmental Education and Rural Health
- Environmental science resources and lesson plans.
- High school chemistry resources
- Worksheets, labs, handouts, and PowerPoint lessons.
- Bosque Education Guide Workshops
- New Mexico Bosque information and resources.
- Highlights for High School
- MIT resources that include exam preparation for biology, calculus, and physics.
- Federal Resources for Educational Excellence
- Teaching and learning resources from federal agencies.
- NMSU Institute for Energy & the Environment
- Consortium for environmental education and technology development. Includes information on current projects.
- The Physics Front
- Online library of physics and astronomy teaching resources.
- Physics To Go
- Online physics bases monthly magazine. Includes a collection of websites with physics images, activities and information.
- Environmental Education Week
- National Environmental Education Week website.
- Journal of Chemical Education
- Searchable database of Chemical Education's online journal.
- Southwest Center for Microsystems Education
- Information about Microsystems. Includes educational materials.
- KNME Educational Services
- Online courses to provide research-based training provided by PBS TeacherLine.
- PBS TeacherLine
- Professional development for PreK-12 educators. Includes tips and strategies for teaching specific subjects.
- APS Energy S.T.A.R.S.
- APS’s Schools Teaching About Resource Sustainability website.
- Balloon Museum
- Link to the Albuquerque Balloon Museum.
- NM Supercomputing Challenge
- Link to New Mexico’s Supercomputing Challenge.
- Link to Explora’s website.
- Lunar and Planetary Institute
- Workshops, courses, events, and resources provided by the Lunar and Planetary Institute
- Family Science Night
- Link to Family Science Night website. Sponsored by Sandia National Laboratories.
- The Fractal Foundation
- Pictures, videos, and other resources concerning fractals.
- Intel Educational Services
- Educational resources and programs provided by Intel.
- New Mexico Tech
- NMT website. Search “Science” to find more about science programs NMT offers.
- CNM School of Math, Science and Engineering
- Link to CNM's School of Math, Science & Engineering.
- National Museum of Nuclear Science & History
- Link to the National Museum Nuclear Science & History.
- Waterfest New Mexico
- Information on Waterfest New Mexico.
- Fisher Science Education: Headline Discoveries
- Email news connecting scientific discoveries to the classroom
- NM Museum of Natural History and Science
- Link to the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
- New Mexico Solar Energy Association
- Link to New Mexico Solar Energy Association. Includes educational programs/resources.
- New Mexico Science Teachers Association
- Link to New Mexico Science Teachers Association.
- Sandia National Laboratories
- Link to Sandia National Laboratories Education Partnerships.
- Education Outreach Programs
- Link to STEM Education Outreach Programs. Includes CNM Sci/Eng Research Challenge, Central NM Science Olympiad, and NM Academic Decathlon.
- University of New Mexico School of Engineering
- Link to UNM’s School of Engineering website.
- National Energy Education Development Project
- Link to N.E.E.D. Includes curriculum guides and activities.
- Wild Friends
- Website dedicated to bringing people together on wildlife issues. Includes activity ideas for teachers.
- APS Hefferan Planetarium
- Link to the Career Enrichment Center's Hefferan Planetarium website.
- ChemTube 3D
- Interactive 3D animations and information on chemistry topics.
- New Mexico’s Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (NM EPSCoR)
- Current focus on impacts of climate change on Northern New Mexico water resources
- NM STEM Database
- Searchable Database of STEM programs, opportunities and events
- Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology (IRIS)
- IRIS posts PowerPoint Presentations on recent seismic activity