6400 Uptown Blvd. NE
Suite 398 West
Albuquerque 87110 Map
The District Counseling office will provide resources, professional development and support to APS Professional School Counselors, assisting them to embrace and enhance school counselor best practices, while advocating for every student to receive equitable access to rigorous academic preparation, and college and career readiness.
The Counseling Programs are in alignment with the American School Counselor Association (ASCA) model, is designed to meet the following career development standards for all students:
"Students who experience a sense of belonging at school, who learn within social contexts characterized by positive relationships, have high levels of academic performance."
— Osterman, 2000
- Students will acquire the skills to investigate the world of work in relation to knowledge of self and to make informed career decisions.
- Students will employ strategies to achieve further career success and satisfaction.
- Students will understand the relationship between personal qualities, education and training and the world of work.
- College Guidance
- College Search Websites
- College Rankings
- College Entrance Exams
- Testing Information
- Homework Help
- Athlete Information
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- New Mexico Scholarships
- Financial Aid
- Scholarship Search Engines
- Minority and International Student Scholarships
- New Mexico State Scholars Program
Personal and Social Development
- Families and Schools Together (FAST)
- Second Step (violence prevention)
- Steps to Respect (bullying)
- Tobacco Use Prevention and Control (TUPAC)
- WhyTry (improving outcomes in truancy, behavior, and academics)