Note: This news item is more than a year old. Browse for more current news.
Counseling Services Participating in the Urban School Counseling Initiative
The Counseling Services Unit is participating in the Urban School Counseling Initiative through National Office for School Counselor Advocacy (NOSCA).
November 8, 2010
By 2015 school counseling in Albuquerque Public School District will emerge from the transformational process with a redesigned district-wide school counseling program that includes enhanced school counselor capacity necessary to effectively implement programs and services that are:
- Systemic K-12
- Culturally Competent
- Strategic and Data-Driven
- Integrated into the educational Program
- Supportive of Teaching and Learning
- Aligned to state and district goals
- Outcomes aligned to college and career readiness
- Developmentally appropriate
- Parent/family connected through outreach and advocacy
- Community connected through collaborative partnerships