We provide a variety of services including media relations, crisis management, internal and external communications and content for APS.edu.
The Communications Office is the vital point of contact for our school and departments; students, families and staff.
The Communications Office
- helps manage crisis situations
- responds to media inquiries
- explains complex issues to parents and the community
- communicates district directives and policies to employees
- facilitates access to public records
- notifies the public in cases of emergency
- manages content for APS.edu and social media
- and much more.
By taking on these responsibilities, we free our teachers and administrators to focus on our students and schools.
Here’s How We Help
Support for Schools
Some services we provide for principals & schools are
- Crisis Management includes on-site advisement, media management, emergency notifications letters, web & social media postings and more
- Important Messaging of complicated or controversial issues via easy-to-understand resources
- School-to-Home Communication System
Support for Parents and the Community
We promote parental involvement and keep the community informed through a variety of channels including APS.edu, social media and , a weekly electronic newsletter sent to 70,000+.
APS is under constant and intense media scrutiny; we handle hundreds of media requests each month.
Support for Employees
We keep the district’s employees up-to-date through the weekly electronic employee newsletter Perspective as well as the website.
We manage the content for the website providing a wealth of up-to-date information.
Follow up on
And download our mobile app!
We are responsible for the bulk of APS marketing. With a minimal budget, we create videos, billboards, fliers, brochures, booklets, handouts, presentations, advertisements and more. Our latest efforts have been to support Schools of Choice.
We serve as the , responding to media inquiries, subpoenas, requests for transcripts, comprehensive student records and more. You can send records requests to . u
Support for &
Eldorado student Justine Solan worked with the APS Web Team on creating a page that provides information on student photos, permissions and website images.
February 9, 2012
APS has many things to be proud of from 2009.
December 17, 2009