Before & After School Programs
6400 Uptown Blvd. NE
Suite 340 West
Albuquerque 87110 Map
Many organizations in Albuquerque offer before and after school programs. These programs provide a variety of activities, including:
- Arts and crafts
- Field trips
- Study time
Before and After School Program Options
Program Providers: Want to get listed?
Do you have a before or after school program you'd like featured on this site?
- Schools provide a variety of extracurricular programs (from sports to drama and various clubs, etc.) that young people can be engaged with after school.
- Before- and after-school programs are available at many APS elementary schools and some middle and high schools in the district.
- These programs provide a variety of activities, from homework help/tutoring to arts and crafts, field trips, recreation and study time.
- Some programs are free of charge or allow for a sliding scale. Fees vary according to the agency providing the service.
- Most programs have opportunities for parent involvement and some provide parent services as well.
Did You Know?
Children and youth who participate in after school programs are more likely to:
- Do well and be more attached to school
- Have a healthier life style
- Avoid risky behaviors
- There are also a variety of private after school and tutoring providers/agencies throughout the city.
- Many private child care centers provide before and after school care for school age children.
Qualifying for assistance to pay for before and after school programs
- For families that qualify, the Child Care Services Bureau will provide financial assistance for before, after, and summer programs/childcare (go to http://www.cyfd.org/content/child-care-assistance for more information).
- Some families that qualify for the free or reduced meal program might also qualify for free before- and after-school programs with the City of Albuquerque.Learn more about the Free or Reduced Meal Program >>
Find out if your school has a before/after school program by calling your school, or contacting one of the following organizations: