The Arts Resources, Training, and Support Center, a division of the APS Fine Arts Program, is focused on integrating Fine Arts into classroom curriculum.
3315 Louisiana NE
Albuquerque 87110 Map
The ARTS Center is a primary source of professional development for any APS teacher, EA, administrator, or support staff member in the areas of visual art, general music, dance, drama and literature. The ARTS Center staff provides the following services and resources:
- A staff of 3 resource teachers: in music, dance, and drama
- Books, art prints, CD's, DVD's, instruments & other equipment for teaching the arts are available for check-out by APS classroom teachers, other site-based personnel, and UNM faculty.
- Support for classroom teachers on lesson development, instructional strategies, and technical assistance for specific arts-related projects. Of particular interest is utilizing children's literature and poetry.
- Professional Development opportunities with site-based in-services and workshops open to all district personnel. Go to Workshops >>
- Fine Arts connections to New Mexico Content Standards, and arts-related activities suitable for the classroom--lesson plans are often included and some have short videos. Go to Arts integrated Curriculum >>