Sunset View Elementary School
6121 Paradise Blvd NW
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87114
APS is committed to increase student achievement through a standards based learning environment supported by a system of continuous improvement.
In collaboration with the community provide quality education, which prepares all students to become contributing members of a diverse, changing world.
It is the parent’s responsibility to assist their children in dressing appropriately for school for all types of weather and school activities. Our students must observe the APS Dress Code at all times. These standards exist to support a healthy learning environment. While we want children to express their individuality, appearance that creates a distraction to the learning process is prohibited. If families need assistance providing clothing for their child, they can contact the classroom teacher or our Student Services office. Please be sure to put the child’s name inside all coats, gloves and sweaters/sweatshirts. Should a child need a change of clothing, they will call from the Health Office for a parent to bring a change of clothes. Children not appropriately dressed for field trip conditions may not attend if a parent is unavailable to bring appropriate clothing prior to departure.
NOT TO BE WORN AT SCHOOL
▪ Tank tops, spaghetti straps, halter tops, shirts that expose the abdomen (when arms are raised) or expose the chest through the armholes or neckline.
▪ Baggy, saggy, draggy pants or clothing
▪ Clothing that promote drugs, alcohol, foul language or acts, gang slogans, violence, adult content
▪ Make up and tattoos
▪ Earrings that hang longer than 1 inch below the earlobe
▪ Shorts and skirts that are too short (they must fall below the fingertip when the students arms are at their sides)
▪ Heelie/wheelie shoes
▪ High heel shoes
School Hours will NOT change for the 2011-2012 school year.
School hours will remain
8:45 - 3:45
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday
8:45 –12:15 on Wednesday
PARENTS & STAFF OF SUNSET VIEW:
WE HAVE A NEW WEBSITE!! Please follow the link below for updated information and save the new address to check back throughout the year.
If you have questions, please contact Diana Goguen at 7923254, ext 38143.