At Cochiti we have a 2 hour Maintenance Program which consists of 1 hour of Home Language (Spanish) and 1 hour of ESL (English as a Second Language). The purpose of our Bilingual Program is that our ELL (English Language Learners) students will become bilingual and bi-literate in English and the home language.
We have a Bilingual teacher at every grade level to provide these services.
- Kindergarten -
- First Grade - Mrs. Teresa Rodriguez
- Second Grade - Mrs. Juanita Gonzales
- Third Grade - Mrs. Miranda Ulibarri
- Fourth Grade - Mrs. Leslie Cummins
- Fifth Grade: Mrs. Corina Duran
We also have our Instruction Coach, Mrs. Angie Montano, who provides either Spanish or ESL classes to students who are not placed in the Bilingual classrooms.
If you have any questions, you may contact Mrs. Montano at 345-1432