College & Career High School
The dual-credit APS high school located on the main campus of CNM allows students to simultaneously earn a high school diploma and a two-year college degree, certificate or credits towards a bachelor's degree.
Albuquerque Public Schools has joined with the Central New Mexico Community College to operate a dual-credit school on the main CNM campus that allows students to complete their high school diploma while earning a college certificate, two-year degree or credits towards a bachelor's degree. College & Career High School is open to sophomores, juniors and seniors from across the Albuquerque community.
Why go to College & Career High?
- The dual-credit school offers a rigorous curriculum with half of the day spent in high school classes and the other half in college classes.
- Students are expected to graduate with a high school diploma and an associate's degree, college certificate or enough college credits to enter a university as a junior.
- Credits earned at the new school will be transferable to universities and count toward a bachelor's degree.
- No textbook costs
- Conveniently located on the main CNM campus at 525 Buena Vista SE (map), so students can take high school and college-level classes at the same time
- No tuition or textbook fees for college classes
- The school expands school choices for APS students.
- The school will follow the CNM trimester calendar, meaning students will be expected to take classes during the summer which will allow them to earn more college credits.