Public Record Requests
How to submit a request for public records from Albuquerque Public Schools.
Albuquerque Public Schools follows procedures contained in the New Mexico Inspection of Public Records Act (NMSA 1978, Chapter 14, Article 2) and the New Mexico Attorney General's published compliance guide.
Record Request Guidelines
- Requestors should be specific in describing the records requested.
- Requests for justifications of actions are not proper requests under the law.
- Requests must include the requestor's full name, phone number, and the mailing address where the requested documents will be sent.
How to Submit a Request for Public Records
- Write your request in a letter, an email, or a memo.
Include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your phone number
- The mailing address where the APS Custodian of Records will send the requested documents.
- A specific description of the records requested.
Rigo Chavez, Director of Communicationsor in person to:
P.O. Box 25704
Albuquerque, NM 87125
6400 Uptown Blvd. NE
Albuquerque, NM 87110
or by email to: [email protected]
or by fax to: (505) 872-8864
What to Expect
- Upon receipt of written or electronic Inspection of Public Records request, the APS Custodian of Records will respond in writing within three calendar days to acknowledge receipt of that request.
- After determining if the requested records exist, and are subject to inspection, copies of the records will be made available for review at the APS district offices at 6400 Uptown Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM.
- Arrangements can be made to have the requests mailed if necessary.
- The district charges 50 cents per page for copies of records. APS can invoice you when you receive the copies.