JJ - Extracurricular and Co-Curricular Activities
Albuquerque Public Schools shall strive to offer students a complete educational experience that includes opportunities beyond core academic courses.
Albuquerque Public Schools may provide extracurricular activities to provide students with opportunities beyond the classroom to further develop their unique capabilities, interests, and needs. Participation in these activities shall comply with state statute and regulation and New Mexico Activities Association bylaws and be a privilege offered to and earned by students.
Albuquerque Public Schools shall provide co-curricular activities to provide students opportunities in the classroom to further develop their unique capabilities, interests and needs.
Student conduct shall exemplify highest of standards at all times while participating in extracurricular and co-curricular activities.
- Chief Operations Officer/Assistant Superintendent for School and Community Support
- Director of Athletics
Legal Cross Ref.:
- §22-12-2.1 NMSA 1978
- NMAA Bylaws
Board Policy Cross Ref.:
Procedural Directive Cross Ref.:
- APS Student Behavior Handbook
- Extracurricular Activities Handbook (contact the Athletics Department)
- Charter School Procedural Directive
- High School/Middle School Athletic/Extra Curricular Participation Form (contact the Student, School, and Community Service Center)
NSBA/NEPN Classification: JJ
Reviewed: January 17, 1990
Revised: February 20, 1996
Revised: April 2001
Reviewed: September 13, 2010
Reviewed: October 11, 2010
Reviewed: November 8, 2010
Revised: November 17, 2010