JC1 - Assignments of Students to School
Students shall attend the school in the attendance boundary area in which they reside unless assigned to a different school per the direction of the superintendent or because the student has received approval for a transfer under provisions of federal and state statute or Board of Education policy.
Each year the student and/or parent/legal guardian shall provide evidence of residency within the Albuquerque Public Schools district, to ensure the student attends the school in the attendance boundary area in which they reside. Students who are homeless and are provided protections under federal law shall be required to follow appropriate enrollment procedures as outlined in federal law.
A student changing residence during any of the following conditions shall be granted permission to complete his/her program at the school where he/she has been attending with full privileges:
- second semester of grades four (4) or seven (7);
- either semester of grades five (5) and eight (8);
- the second semester of his/her junior year; or,
- either semester of his/her senior year.
- Chief Operations Officer/Assistant Superintendent for School and Community Support
- Director of the Capital Master Plan/ Director of Student, School and Community Service Center
Legal Cross Ref.:
- §22-12-5 NMSA 1978
- No Child Left Behind Act
Board Policy Cross Ref.:
Procedural Directive Cross Ref.:
- Students Attending a School outside their Attendance Boundaries
- Enrollment of Students Affected by Boundary Changes
- Proof of Residency for Annual School Registration
NSBA/NEPN Classification: JCA