Position: Government Affairs
Government Affairs at APS
Joseph Escobedo oversees government affairs at Albuquerque Public Schools.
- Coordinates all lobbying efforts for the Superintendent and APS Board of Education to the New Mexico Legislature, U.S. Congress, City Council, County Commission, and various other government entities.
- Advises the superintendent, leadership team, and the APS Board of Education on political issues and communications to government officials.
- Attends and presents at interim committee meetings of the New Mexico Legislature.
- University of New Mexico – Albuquerque, New Mexico – Fall 2002
Broadcast Journalism and Political Science
- Leadership Albuquerque – Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce – Spring 2009
- University of New Mexico – Albuquerque, New Mexico – Planned Completion - Spring 2010
Masters of Public Administration
- APS Director of Government Affairs – 2007 to Present
- APS Communications Specialist – 2005 to 2007
- News Producer, KOAT-TV Action 7 News – 2001 to 2006
Joseph has a wife, Jamie who is a teacher and one son who is 3, Joseph Dominic II