You are here: Home About Us Board of Education Meeting Archives September 2, 2009

September 2, 2009

Update on H1N1 Preparation, Temporary Use of APS Facilities for the Performing Arts Public Academy, Kindergarten Addition, Administration Expansions and Window Wall Replacement at Collet Park Elementary School, and more...

Board meetings are recorded and archived for your convenience.

View the video at http://model.inventivetec.com/tight_url.cfm/URLID/7945

September 2, 2009 Board meeting

Agenda

Regular Meeting
Wednesday, September 2, 2009 
5:00 PM
Albuquerque Public Schools DeLayo Martin Community Room, 6400 Uptown Blvd NE

I.   Call to Order
A.   Pledge of Allegiance / Moment of Silence
B.   Roll Call
C.   Adoption of the September 2, 2009, Agenda and Approval of the August 19, 2009, Regular Meeting Minutes (Discussion/Action)

II.   Recognition of Students, Staff and Community
A.   Celebrating Staff Success
I.   Dr. Tom Ryan, APS Chief Information OfficeDistinguished Service Award by the Council of Great City Schools
II.   APS BP A+ for Energy Grant Winners for 2009  Elementary Schools: Dorothee Baker, A. Montoya; Shannon Ross, Barcelona; Lynda Witz, Edward Gonzales; Shanna Fejer, Georgia O'Keeffe. Middle Schools: Robert Lazar, Cleveland; Chelsea Henrie, Tony Hillerman. High Schools: Diane Baca, Albuquerque HS; Heather Ames, Eldorado; Carin Dhaouadi, New Futures; and Raymond Quintana, Sandia
B.   Celebrating Partnerships
I.   United Way of Central New Mexico Presentation to the APS Board of Education

III.   Public Forum

IV.   Matters of Information
A.   Superintendent's Report
B.   Board Member Comments
C.   President's Report

V.   Special Issues
A.   Update on H1N1 Preparation (Discussion/Action)
  Linda Sink, Chief Academic Officer and Cindy Greenberg, Manager of APS Nursing Services

VI.   Approval of Consent Calendar Items (Discussion / Action)
A.   Consideration for Approval of Capital Outlay/Property/Technology Matters (Discussion/Action)
I.   Approval of Design Development for a Kindergarten Addition, Administration Expansions and Window Wall Replacement, Collet Park Elementary School
II.   Approval for the Temporary Use of APS Facilities for the Performing Arts Public Academy (PAPA)
B.   Consideration for Approval of Finance Matters (Discussion/Action)
I.   Approval of Budget Adjustments for Grant Management and Adjustments to PED Approved Budget for 2009-2010 School Year
II.   Approval of Budget Increases for Grant Management
III.   Approval of Budget Adjustment Request for Charter School Transportation
IV.   Approval of Cash Balance Adjustments
V.   Approval of 08-09 4th Quarter Intra-Function Transfers
C.   Consideration for Approval of Policy Matters (Discussion/Action)
I.   Approval of Charter Amendment Request for Name Change of North Albuquerque Cooperative Community Charter School to Alice King Community School
II.   Approval of Charter Amendment Request for Addition of ninth grade and increase in credits to graduate for Career Academic and Technical Academy Charter School

VII.   Committees
A.   ABC Community Schools Partnership Committee
I.   The next meeting of the ABC Community Schools Partnership will be on Thursday, September 10, 2009 at the United Way Offices located at 2340 Alamo Ave SE # 2 at 7:30 AM.
II.   Status of Matters Under Consideration
B.   Audit Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Audit Committee will be held on Wednesday, September 9, 2009, at 5 p.m. in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
C.   Capital Outlay Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Capital Outlay Committee will be held on Tuesday, September 15, 2009, at 5:00 p.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
D.   Community Capital Advisory Commission
I.   The next meeting of the Community Capital Advisory Commission will be held September 8, 2009, at 11:30 a.m. in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
E.   District Relations Committee
I.   The next meeting of the District Relations Committee will be held on Monday, September 21, 2009, at 4:00 p.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
F.   Finance Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Finance Committee will be held on Monday, September 14, 2009, at 5:00 PM, in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
G.   Policy Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Policy Committee will be held on Tuesday, September 8, 2009, at 7:30 a.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.

VIII.   Announcement of Upcoming Board Meetings
A.   The next Special Board Meeting will be held on Friday, September 11, 2009, at 7:30 a.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
B.   The next Regular Board Meeting will be Wednesday, September 16, 2009, at 5:00 p.m., in the John Milne Community Board Room.

IX.   Adjournment

For agenda attachments and additional details, see Boardbook for September 2, 2009.

Document Actions
News
Every Student Succeeds
In her weekly message, Supt. Reedy invites employees and the public to attend public forums in October on the federal Every Student Succeeds Act.
15 APS Seniors Named National Merit Semi-Finalists
Semi-Finalists will compete for $33 million in college scholarships
Let's get more seniors to apply for college financial aid
APS high schools are hosting workshops beginning in October to help students and their families complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA.
Student of the Week Trinity Domonkos
A fifth grader at Dennis Chavez ES
Revised 2017-18 calendar goes to board for approval
The first draft of the calendar was altered slightly after the public called for a later start date.