You are here: Home About Us Board of Education Meeting Archives September 16, 2009

September 16, 2009

$14,300,000 General Obligation Qualified School Construction Bonds, Real Estate Purchase Agreement with the Montessori for the Rio Grande, Improvement Targets, and more...

Board meetings are recorded and archived for your convenience.

View the video at http://model.inventivetec.com/tight_url.cfm/URLID/7978

Sept 16, 2009 Board meeting

Agenda

Regular Meeting
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 
5:00 PM
Albuquerque Public Schools John Milne Community Board Room, 6400 Uptown Blvd NE

I.   Call to Order
A.   Pledge of Allegiance / Moment of Silence
B.   Roll Call
C.   Adoption of the September 16, 2009, Regular Board Meeting Agenda and Approval of the Minutes September 2, 2009, Regular Board Meeting Minutes (Discussion/Action)

II.   Recognition of Students, Staff and Community
A.   Celebrating Student and School Success
I.   Sax Quartet Performance – La Cueva High School 10th graders Zachary Donahoe, Jack Hinkes, Mathias Banet, and Dominic Lowhar; Keith Jordan, La Cueva High School music teacher and Mark Ellington, quartet coach and teacher at Valley High School
B.   Celebrating Community Partnerships
I.   Loral Butler, APS Education Foundation. Recognition for past service to the APS Education Foundation and Albuquerque Public Schools

III.   Public Forum

IV.   Matters of Information
A.   Superintendent's Report
B.   Board Member Comments
C.   President's Report

V.   Special Issues
A.   Ratification of the 2009 Addendum to the 2008-2011 CWA Local 7072, Food Services Negotiated Agreement (Discussion/Action)
  Bob Woody
B.   Consideration of Approval of $14,300,000 General Obligation Qualified School Construction Bonds Series 2009 C (Discussion/Action)
  Dupuy Bateman, Paul Cassidy and Art Melendres
C.   Approval of Real Estate Purchase Agreement with the Montessori for the Rio Grande, Inc., and Approval of a Reimbursement Resolution (Discussion/Action)
D.   Approval of Real Estate Purchase Agreement for Two Adjacent Vacant Lots to be Assembled with the Existing Montessori of the Rio Grande Charter School Property and Approval of a Reimbursement Resolution (Discussion/Action)
E.   Improvement Targets (Discussion/Action)
  Winston Brooks, Superintendent and RoseAnn McKernan, Research, Deployment and Accountability Executive Director

VI.   Approval of Consent Calendar Items (Discussion / Action)
A.   Consideration for Approval of Capital Outlay/Property/Technology Matters (Discussion/Action)
I.   Approval for Low Bid of Sandia High School Addition & Multi-Campus Renovations
B.   Consideration for Approval of Finance Matters (Discussion/Action)
I.   Approval of Budget Adjustment for Grant Management
II.   Approval of Cash Transfers
III.   Approval of Title VIII Impact Aid Application (Pl 81-874)
IV.   Approval of August Inter-Function Transfers
V.   Approval of Budget Adjustment Request for Transportation Rental Fee
VI.   Approval of Supplement to School Bus Fleet Service Contracts
VII.   Approval of August 2009 Cash Disbursements

VII.   Committees
A.   ABC Community Schools Partnership Committee
I.   The next meeting of the ABC Community Schools Partnership will be held at 8 a.m. on Thursday, October 8, 2009, at the United Way of Central New Mexico offices located at 2340 Alamo Ave SE # 2 in Albuquerque.
II.   Status of Matters Under Consideration
B.   Audit Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Audit Committee will be held on Wednesday, November 11, 2009, at 5 p.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
C.   Capital Outlay Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Capital Outlay Committee will be held on Tuesday, October 6, 2009, at 5:00 p.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
D.   Community Capital Advisory Commission
I.   The next meeting of the Community Capital Advisory Commission will be held November 10, 2009. The time and location will be forthcoming.
E.   District Relations Committee
I.   The next meeting of the District Relations Committee will be held on Monday, September 21, 2009, at 4:00 p.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
F.   Finance Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Finance Committee will be held on Monday, September 28, 2009, at 5:00 PM, in the DeLayo-Martin Community Room.
G.   Policy Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Policy Committee will be held on Tuesday, Sptember 22, 2009, at 5:00 p.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
H.   Board of Education Work Study
I.   The Title 1 Work Study will be held on Wednesday, September 30, 2009, at 5 p.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community room.

VIII.   Announcement of Upcoming Board Meetings:
A.   The next Special Board Meeting will be held on Friday, September 25, 2009, at 7:30 a.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
B.   The next Regular Board Meeting will be Wednesday, October 7, 2009, at 5:00 p.m., in the John Milne Community Board Room.

IX.   Adjournment

For agenda attachments and additional details, see Boardbook for October 7, 2009.

Document Actions
News
APS, Kennedy Center partnership will lead to more arts ed
District, city, Washington's Kennedy Center to plan for arts opportunities
AVID gets $23,000 for NM college visits
The program in 29 APS schools received the APS Education Foundation's Varsity Award.
Save the Date: Annual School Choice Fair is Oct. 20
More than 100 APS elementary, middle, high and charter schools will be on hand to answer your questions.
Longfellow Students Travel Along El Camino Real
The historic trail wraps around the school's front yard, where students walk in the footsteps of explorers, settlers, soldiers and missionaries.
Student of the Week Alexandria Shawat
Fifth grader at S.R. Marmon Elementary