You are here: Home About Us Board of Education Meeting Archives August 19, 2009

August 19, 2009

Community Capital Advisory Commission Annual Report, 2009-10 Employee Benefit Plan Recommendations, APS/ATF/UNM Mentoring Program Annual Review, and more...

Board meetings are recorded and archived for your convenience.

View the video at http://model.inventivetec.com/tight_url.cfm/URLID/7797

August 19, 2009 Board meeting

Agenda

Regular Meeting
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 
5:00 PM
Albuquerque Public Schools John Milne Community Board Room, 6400 Uptown Blvd NE

I.   Call to Order
A.   Pledge of Allegiance / Moment of Silence
B.   Roll Call
C.   Adoption of the August 19, 2009, Regular Board Meeting Agenda and Approval of the Minutes for the Special Board Meeting on July 31, 2009 (Discussion/Action)

II.   Recognition of Students, Staff and Community
A.   Celebrating Student, School and Staff Success
I.   Recognition of Mr. Ed Briggs, former principal Grant Middle School, for serving his community

III.   Public Forum

IV.   Matters of Information
A.   Superintendent's Report
B.   Board Member Comments
C.   President's Report

V.   Special Issues
A.   Community Capital Advisory Commission Annual Report (Discussion/Action)
  Dr. Brad Winter, Chief Operations Officer and Kizito Wijenje, Capital Master Plan Director
B.   Presentation on the APS/ATF/UNM Mentoring Program Annual Review (Discussion/Action)
  Andi Trybus, APS; Ellen Bernstein, ATF; Dr. Laura Haniford, UNM College of Education, and Linda Bluestein, APS/ATF/UNM Mentor Program Coordinator and APS teacher
C.   Consideration for Approval of 2009-10 Employee Benefit Plan Recommendations ( Discussion/Action)
  Andi Trybus, Executive Director of Human Resources
D.   Ratification of the 2009 Albuquerque Educational Assistants Association’s Negotiated Agreement (Discussion/Action)
  Bob Woody, Labor Relations Director
E.   Ratification of the 2009 Albuquerque Secretarial/Clerical Association’s Negotiated Agreement (Discussion/Action)
F.   Ratification of the 2009 Addendum to the Albuquerque Educational Police Officers’ Negotiated Agreement (Discussion/Action)
G.   Ratification of the 2009 Addendum to the 2008-2011 CWA Local 7070, Maintenance and Operations Negotiated Agreement (Discussion/Action)
H.   Ratification of the 2009 Albuquerque Teachers Federation’s Negotiated Agreement (Discussion/Action)

VI.   Approval of Consent Calendar Items (Discussion / Action)
A.   Consideration for Approval of Capital Outlay/Property/Technology Matters (Discussion/Action)
I.   Approval of Low Bid for "New Tech" High School
II.   Approval of Naming "New Tech" High School
III.   Approval of the authorization to grant NMGCO Gas Easements for the operation of gas facilities within Tract A, of the Plat of James Monroe M.S./Sunset View E.S., which is known as James Monroe M.S./Sunset View E.S.
IV.   Approval of the authorization to grant PNM Electric Easements for the operation of electric facilities within Tract A, of the Plat of James Monroe M.S./Sunset View E.S., which is known as James Monroe M.S./Sunset View E.S.
V.   Approval of the authorization to grant PNM Electric Easements for the operation of electric facilities within Tract 8-A-1-A-1, of the Plat of EL RANCHO GRANDE I, which is known as Rudolfo Anaya Elementary School
VI.   Approval of the authorization to grant PNM Electric Easements for the operation of electric facilities within a Portion of Tract A Lands of Oscar Love within projected Section 16, T. 10N., R.4E., N.M.P.M. Bernalillo County, New Mexico, which is known as McCollum Elementary School
VII.   Approval of the authorization to grant Permanent Public Water Line Easements for the operation of water line improvements within a Portion of Tract A Lands of Oscar Love within projected Section 16, T. 10N., R.4E., N.M.P.M. Bernalillo County, New Mexico, which is known as McCollum Elementary School
VIII.   Approval of the authorization to grant Permanent Public Water Line Easements for the operation of water line improvements within a Portion of Tract A, Amended Plat of Academy Place Subdivision, Unit No. Five, in Projected Section 33, T. 11N., R.4E., N.M.P.M. within the Elena Gallegos Grant Bernalillo County, New Mexico which is known as Eisenhower Middle School
IX.   Approval of the authorization to grant all easements as may be required as part of the proposed development of the Food Services Facility on Tract A, SS&TP
B.   Consideration for Approval of District Relations Matters (Discussion/Action)
I.   Approval of 2010 Legislative Agenda
C.   Consideration for Approval of Finance Matters (Discussion/Action)
I.   Approval of Inter-Function Transfers
II.   Approval of Budget July 2009 Cash Disbursements

VII.   Committees
A.   ABC Community Schools Partnership Committee
I.   Next Meeting - to be announced
II.   Status of Matters Under Consideration
B.   Audit Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Audit Committee will be held on Wednesday, September 9, 2009, at 5 p.m. in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
C.   Capital Outlay Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Capital Outlay Committee will be held on Tuesday, September 1, 2009, at 5:00 p.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
D.   Community Capital Advisory Commission
I.   The next meeting of the Community Capital Advisory Commission will be held September 8, 2009, at 11:30 a.m. in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
E.   District Relations Committee
I.   The next meeting of the District Relations Committee will be held on Monday, August 31, 2009, at 5:00 p.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
F.   Finance Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Finance Committee will be held on Monday, August 24, 2009, at 5:00 PM, in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
G.   Policy Committee
I.   The next meeting of the Policy Committee will be held on Tuesday, August 25, 2009, at 7:30 a.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.

VIII.   Announcement of Upcoming Board Meetings:
A.   The next Special Board Meeting will be held on Friday, August 28, 2009, at 7:30 a.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room.
B.   The next Regular Board Meeting will be Wednesday, September 2, 2009, at 5:00 p.m., in the John Milne Community Board Room.

IX.   Adjournment

For agenda attachments and additional details, see Boardbook for August 19, 2009.

Document Actions
News
APS, Kennedy Center partnership will lead to more arts ed
District, city, Washington's Kennedy Center to plan for arts opportunities
AVID gets $23,000 for NM college visits
The program in 29 APS schools received the APS Education Foundation's Varsity Award.
Save the Date: Annual School Choice Fair is Oct. 20
More than 100 APS elementary, middle, high and charter schools will be on hand to answer your questions.
Longfellow Students Travel Along El Camino Real
The historic trail wraps around the school's front yard, where students walk in the footsteps of explorers, settlers, soldiers and missionaries.
Student of the Week Alexandria Shawat
Fifth grader at S.R. Marmon Elementary