You are here: Home About APS Board of Education Board Meetings Board of Education Meeting - Jan 7, 2015

Note: This board meeting occurred in the past. Browse for upcoming board meetings.

Board of Education Meeting - Jan 7, 2015

REVISED AGENDA

Meeting Date & Time: Wednesday, January 7, 2015, 5:00 PM
Where: John Milne Community Board Room, Alice and Bruce King Educational Complex, 6400 Uptown NE
Minutes: Minutes
Agenda Packet: Packet
Meeting Posted On: 08/11/2014, 8:30 PM
Agenda Posted On: 01/03/2015, 3:31 PM
Meeting Video View video
Add event to your calendar: vCal
iCal

Board of Education Meeting

AGENDA

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

5:00 PM

John Milne Community Board Room, Alice and Bruce King Educational Complex, 6400 Uptown Blvd. NE -

REVISED AGENDA

Albuquerque, New Mexico

I.

Call to Order

A.

Color Guard Presentation by Del Norte Air Force JROTC Under the Instruction of Colonel Mark Anderson and Master Sergeant Patrick Edmonds

I.

Pledge of Allegiance and Moment of Silence

B.

Roll Call

C.

Adoption of the January 7, 2014, Board of Education Meeting Agenda and Approval of the December 3, 2014, and the December 17, 2014, Board of Education Meeting Minutes (Discussion/Action)

II.

Recognition of Students, Staff and Community

A.

Celebrating Students

I.

Grayson Shaw, Inez Elementary School, Will Share His Experience as an Interim Principal for the Day

II.

Albert Zuo and Eli Echt-Wilson, La Cueva High School, for Winning the 2014 Siemens Competition in Math, Science and Technology

B.

Celebrating Staff

I.

Recognition of Rachel Altobelli, APS Library Services Manager, for Being Named a Lilead Fellow

II.

Mike Reilly and Debra Chandler, La Cueva High School, for Being Recognized by First Lady Michelle Obama for Their Extraordinary College Counseling Efforts

III.

Public Forum

IV.

Matters of Information

A.

Superintendent's Report

V.

Special Issues

A.

Presentation on Results of Instructional Audits and School Plans (Discussion)
Presenter: Shelly Green, Chief Academic Officer

I.

Lew Wallace Elementary School
Presenter: Anne Marie Strangio, Principal

II.

Tomasita Elementary School
Presenter: Valerie Webb Jaramillo, Principal

III.

Alamosa Elementary School
Presenter: Stephen Pino, Principal

IV.

McKinley Middle School
Presenter: Mary Cade, Principal

B.

Superintendent Search Update (Discussion)
Presenter: Brenda Yager, Board of Education Services Office, Executive Director

C.

Candidate Orientation Agenda (Discussion)
Presenter: Brenda Yager, Board of Education Services Office, Executive Director

VI.

Board Member Comments

VII.

President's Report

VIII.

Announcement of Upcoming Board Meetings

A.

The next Special Board of Education meeting will be held on Friday, January 16, 2015, at 7:30 a.m., in the DeLayo Martin Community Room of the Alice and Bruce King Educational Complex, 6400 Uptown Blvd NE.

B.

The next Board of Education meeting will be held on Wednesday, January 21, 2015, at 5:00 p.m., in the John Milne Community Board Room of the Alice and Bruce King Educational Complex, 6400 Uptown Blvd NE.

IX.

Consideration for Approval to Convene in Executive Session Pursuant to the Open Meetings Act NMSA 1978 (§ 10-15-1 (H)(7)) for the Purpose of Discussing Pending Litigation, Case # 1:14-cv-00699-SCY-RHS, N.F. on Behalf of her Minor Child, M.F., Plaintiff vs. Albuquerque Public Schools, and Kenneth Jehle, Steve Scully and Sam Obenshain, as Public Employees, Defendants (Action)

X.

Reconvene to Open Session

XI.

Statement of Closure

XII.

Adjournment

Document Actions
News
Holiday Wishes from Supt. Reedy
"However you choose to spend the winter break, I wish you happiness, comfort and rest – well-deserved rest."
Second Semester Calendar
Teachers and school staff return on Jan. 2. Second semester starts Jan. 3.
2018-19 School Calendar
The calendar approved by the Board of Education has students returning on Aug. 13, 2018, and wrapping up the school year on May 22, 2019. In addition, spring break aligns with UNM's for the first time in many years.
Sprint Provides Mobile Devices to 2,200 HS Students
The 1Million Project includes free wireless connectivity to help close the homework gap.
Albuquerque High Celebrates Renovated Digs
The city's oldest school recently celebrated a $14 million makeover.